Amber health warnings issued, 35°C on the way

Share

Yet the hot and humid air lying over Kent today may turn into thunderstorms in parts of the county by Wednesday.

Blackpool can usually expect highs of 16C and lows of 13C during July, therefore this Thursday's peak of 25C is well above average.

As Brits swelter in temperatures that rival Jamaica, the Met Office has issued an amber warning for some parts of the United Kingdom until Friday this week, and urged people to stay indoors.

A respite from the heat could come by the end of the week when thunderstorms are expected in eastern areas.

NET WEATHER    
     BOILING Temperatures are forecast to be hottest in south-east England on Friday
NET WEATHER BOILING Temperatures are forecast to be hottest in south-east England on Friday

Temperatures of 33.3C were recorded at Santon Downham in Suffolk on Monday, the first day of the school summer holidays.

The British heatwave has brought the hottest day of the year so far with temperatures soaring to 35C.

There is a chance the high temperatures could even beat the all-time United Kingdom record of 38.5C, with the hot weather set to continue into August.

The Met Office predicts that temepratures will hit at least 37C in parts of the United Kingdom during Friday.

Trump strikes back at critics of Helsinki summit with Putin
So far, the only GOP lawmaker aggressively defending Trump's performance with Putin is Sen. House Speaker Paul Ryan quickly condemned Trump's comments, though he did not name Trump.

It says there is a 20-30 per cent chance of Britain seeing a record-high temperature this week and a 70 per cent chance of a record high for July.

"Whilst many places will remain dry and hot, the thunderstorms on Friday could lead to torrential downpours in places with a much as 30mm of rainfall in an hour and 60mm in three hours".

Large hail and strong, gusty winds are additional hazards.

The Met Office has issued a level 3 amber alert for the East Midlands with the heatwave set to return.

.

Alexis Sanchez absent as Manchester United head to US for pre-season
But he missed out on a deal with United unwilling to meet the asking price Inter Milan had slapped on the Croatia global . Jose Mourinho is targeting a double swoop for Croatia duo Ivan Perisic and Ante Rebic, according to reports.

MPs have warned heat-related deaths will treble by mid-century unless the Government takes action to tackle the dangers of soaring summer temperatures.

Professor Peter Stott, Met Office science fellow in attribution, said global temperature rises were fuelling heatwaves, and climate models had been predicting an increase in extremely hot spells for more than a decade.

Dr Thomas Waite, Consultant in Health Protection at Public Health England, said: "Temperatures are likely be high in parts of England this week, which may leave older people, young children and those with long-term conditions, including heart and lung diseases, struggling to adapt to the heat".

Pogba Showed Leadership With Rousing Speech Before France Played Argentina
He is also set to miss the first game of the Premier League season against Leicester at Old Trafford on August 10. Pogba will now be given extra time off before linking up with his United team-mates.

Share